Are you moving too fast through life? Are you paying attention to your life -- or always thinking of the next thing on your list?
Certified health and wellness coaches Kelly Palace and Maria Parker give 10 tangible tips for slowing down and building a mindful mindset to reduce anxiety and stress and improve physical health.
Sign up for your free consultation on health, leadership and life coaching with Kelly or Maria at ChampionsMojo.com/cm-coaching.
Catch up on EVERY episode at ChampionsMojo.com.
10 Ways to Slow Down
1. Practice gratitude. This can include journaling, meditation, prayer and other ways to reflect and focus on the positive.
2. Check in with your body. Shift your focus off your exterior and feel your heartbeat, or the stretch of your muscles as you raise your arms.
3. Practice “Now I am.” Remind yourself who you are in that moment and truly engage in it.
4. Truly listen to the person you are interacting with, or your interlocutor. Put your phone down, don’t think ahead or to what is happening later in the day.
5. Pay attention to your emotions. Check in with how you feel emotionally and allow those emotions to exist.
6. Become aware of all five of your senses. What do you see, smell, hear, touch, taste
7. Become aware of five things in nature. Notice the beauty around you in the natural world.
8. Focus on your breath. Practice the 4-4-8 breathing technique.
9. Observe your thoughts. Acknowledge your actual thoughts and then process them.
10. Tap mindful eating. Taste it, enjoy it, take in the whole experience of eating. This can help empower weight loss.
“In today’s rush, we all think too much – seek too much – want too much – and forget about the joy of just being.” – Eckhart Tolle
Subscribe to the Champion's Mojo podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Play.
Have something you want to share with us? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for listening to Champion's Mojo! If you enjoy the show, we'd be so grateful if you'd leave us a review on Apple.